Mercury Cougar Owners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have 1970 Cougar base with 66k. The glass looks like it hasn't been touched. We're going to have to replace the rear window track complete and about 2' in the front The problem we're having is finding a bodyshop willing to mess with the glass.Except for a 2" spot on the drivers rocker it's al the rust this car has.White paint actually still shines.Need to replace the vinyl. Not a lot of work so maybe the reason for the retiscense?Suggestions?

Thanks
Brad

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have 1970 Cougar base with 66k. The glass looks like it hasn't been touched. We're going to have to replace the rear window track complete and about 2' in the front The problem we're having is finding a bodyshop willing to mess with the glass.Except for a 2" spot on the drivers rocker it's al the rust this car has.White paint actually still shines.Need to replace the vinyl. Not a lot of work so maybe the reason for the retiscense?Suggestions?

Thanks
Brad
Try an auto glass shop not a body shop.

Semi-Auto Glass

"We can also do precision and custom work. We've got years of experience doing custom cuts for classic cars and other hard-to-fit auto glass. We do the work in our shop."

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have my 68 XR7 here. I checked the shop and they seem pretty good. Experience and parts with all kinds of Cougars.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have my 68 XR7 here. I checked the shop and they seem pretty good. Experience and parts with all kinds of Cougars.
Yes. That shop does legit restorations. Got a fender for my 71 from there. Owner is a cougar guy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts