Discussion Starter #1
'69 Red HT Eliminator clone 351W 4 speed, 30K

'69 Triple black XR7 'vert, 33K

Both showed beautifully IMO.

Market's looking up!

·
Registered
313 Posts
My thoughts exactly! Then on national TV, that phrase that we all have been waiting for to end all disputes...."that is the prettiest year for the Cougars". Although I might have wished for a better term than "prettiest".

One thing that confused me on the hard top...the announcer made a point for obtaining a Marti report, announced it was an XR, then said all the options were there....I thought clone too, re-enforced by missing HT badging....However, made a purchaser happy!

Surprised the vert sold just a tad more than the hard top though.

Rod

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
zactly what happened to me too.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Those prices are even more astounding considering it's day 1 and there is no one there with any kind of money bidding.. I was terified those two cats would go under 20K. Well sold for day 1 cars.. Cant wait to see the 428 4speed go over.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
I think Randy may have missed your info as there was no $ dollar signs in front of the
30k & 33k. He may have read it as being the mileage as I did the first time.

Anyway to be a little clearer:

The Red E-cat clone sold for $33,000 USD including the buyers commission

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=55.1&aid=443&pop=0

The Black conv't sold for $36,300 USD including the buyers commission

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=55.2&aid=443&pop=0

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Little more perspective on this:

- Both cats were small block cars..
- The E-Clone was just a clone (but looked sharp and well executed)

Really encouraging to see the demand for nice showing drivers. Now stick a "tribute" 428 CJ car on there and see how it does over the "hot" days Fri-Sat and I bet it would be a very nice return on investment. I wish my inner rockers weren't so messed up on my 70 vert. Going to cost me $6 grand if I "do it right" just to get the rockers re-done. I am probably going to proceed with a very good cut and replace job rather than removing the entire inner rocker structure. Just not worth it on a standard 70 small block vert IMO.

Hope the rest of the Cougars do equally as well as the weekend heats up.

Good luck all

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Little more perspective on this:

- Both cats were small block cars..
- The E-Clone was just a clone (but looked sharp and well executed)

Really encouraging to see the demand for nice showing drivers. Now stick a "tribute" 428 CJ car on there and see how it does over the "hot" days Fri-Sat and I bet it would be a very nice return on investment. I wish my inner rockers weren't so messed up on my 70 vert. Going to cost me $6 grand if I "do it right" just to get the rockers re-done. I am probably going to proceed with a very good cut and replace job rather than removing the entire inner rocker structure. Just not worth it on a standard 70 small block vert IMO.

Hope the rest of the Cougars do equally as well as the weekend heats up.

Good luck all
And (according to Bill Basore), bought by the same "Cougar guy" who is "one of us" (in what context that was meant I am unsure).

Oh, and sorry about the missing "$" signs, thought it would be understood as being the price(s).

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Bob. Your post was fine and completely understandable. 30k original miles clone...really?

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts