Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening my Fellow Cougarholics,

I have a 1969 Cougar XR7 and recently did a T5 conversion. I am using a Modern Drive Line clutch cable and and hardware. I have adjusted the cable, but when I push the clutch pedal in the clutch does not engage. Could someone enlighten me with a possible fix.

Thank you

·
Registered
759 Posts
What bellhousing, OEM 5 speed or adapted 4 speed or scattershield? what fork? Do you have an adjustable pivot ball? At the pedal... did you use an aftermarket pedal assembly, or a factory setup? I understand that its a modern driveline setup, but what specifically did you do or change in the modification. Do you have a firewall adjuster or adjustable cable? Are you sure the actual clutch engages and disengages properly when actuaten at the fork? That would help diagnose if its in the pedal geometry, or if its a defective or improperly adjusted clutch kit... Not trying to sound harsh, welcome aboard!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The T5 with the bell housing came out of a 1991 5.0. I changed the flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, clutch fork, and the throw out bearing. Prior to the conversion I purchased an adjustable clutch cable on EBay, and I am still have the stock clutch pedal.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts