Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, all the other projects are done! Drove the Cortina today...got some minor tweaking to do but the hard part is done. Getting ready to head out on Vacation and check out some colleges for my daughter. Then it's game on when I get home...Motor done, tranny, clutch, radiator, headers and ignition system all sitting waiting for me to get after it. First stop, Curley's Racecars to finish off the cage..
Anyone interested in the Mustang Steve clutch cable and quadrant or rear leaf springs??

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Cortina? My neighbors had a couple of those when I was s kid - back in the '60s-early '70s! They also had a string of Falcons. Most of the other neighbors had big US v-8 behemoths except for one early Chevy II that got replaced with an Impala later on...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, MK1 early ride. Ex-ICSCC car that won the ITB championship in 1987. Then bounced from person to person until I found it in a back yard in Lodi. Two years later and here we are!!

·
Registered
780 Posts
My first car was a 1967 Cortina GT. Man I loved that car and wish I could find another one.

·
Registered
780 Posts
No mine was white with the Lotus Cortina rally stripe in red down each side. Oh I had headlights and minus the fender flares and fiberglass front bumper. LOL!!

Like this but I painted the stripe on in red.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I didn't make the timeline there...Going to get started over Memorial day weekend..the Cortina has taken some extra time. However, the cage is finished and the hood is almost done. Might even trial fit the motor this weekend...

PS- that red Cortina in the above post I believe belonged to the guy I bought my Cortina from.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Yes Canada got quite a wack of them but only a few GT's and Lotus. Not to sure how many arrived into the United States.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep they made it...I think lots may have been imported over the years. Quite a few of the Lotus models here it seems. You hardly ever see them for sale though...I know where a good restore able 66 Mk1 GT is but the guy is a weenie, advertising he wants to sell but then blows you off...oh well.
I'm thinking a Mk1 Capri may be in the future...of course after all the other shenanigans in life are taken care of..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts