1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
307 Posts
Da*n,I just red the listing and saw the words "REBODY" in it. Please take down the numbers of this car and not let someone do that to it!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
This car will need to be trailered home as it is weak

Understatement of the year so far...

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Notice that it is a DSO 52 car, unfortunately it had been sitting in the woods for over 30 years.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
That is a bit of a project. It will take a brave or foolish man to bring that back to life.
Hey, I resemble that remark! :buck:

I seem to recall this one being for sale a few years back.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Looks like it will break in half at the firewall if moved, I've seen that before with Rustangs.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Looks like it will break in half at the firewall if moved, I've seen that before with Rustangs.
Yeah, I thought it was pretty brave of them to take those pictures with the door(s) open. Guess those transmission / driveshaft humps are tougher than I thought!

Is it bad that the car lets enough light through it that dandelions will bloom underneath it? I must say, they complement the colors of the car very well.

So sad :-(

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
I can fix that.

Based on what else can be seen in the background, ALL of this guy's stuff is J U N K!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
car is about 20 min. from me have bought some cougar parts from him in the past....he buys cars from the area (lives in a flood plain) Winfield sits on the river...He makes his money parting out cars that cannot be saved and resells the others...He is a bit of flake.....

He knows how much the parts are worth which means the reserve is probably 1500-2000....

At least if someone buys it it could not be worse than how he describes it.......

Whats really funny is that this shows up and last summer the almost exact car (yellow 70 eliminator) showed up at a car show that was a low mileage all original that had not be out in 25 years....

·
Registered
200 Posts
jeeze...the hood hinges rusted right out of the hood...would be cool to have it as a garden ornament

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
It's a nice bit of perspective. Sooner or later they're all going to be dust and rust.

I bet this was one more really sharp car when new. It would be interesting to dig up the history on it. How do you park a car in the woods for 30 years when it's basically all there?

Bummer, dude.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Even the bravest of ECI'S would just grab the good stuff and drag the sheet over this one - she's a gonner. You'd be hard pressed to get 2K out of the parts that are salvagable. Get the buck tag and info if you can and call it in.....it is sad for sure. I've seen a few cars lately this one could probably help out, maybe something good will come out of it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts