314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One for the story board....

Total purchase price of Cougar-$450
New tires- $300
3rd set of points in two months- $1.99
Misc. parts- only god with a calculator knows
Beating a honda civic (affectionatly know as Bumble Bee Tuna)-Priceless

It is not to impressive, but it is a kill story none the less.

It was just some friendly stoplight action between friends, but it was great! We only raced to 40mph, but I beat him by half a car length. Not bad for a 289 with less than 2/3rds compression.
The best parts were the excuses when we got back to the apartments. "I let off." then there was "I missed 2nd gear" and when he finally admitted defeat "you didn't beat me by much" followed by the classic line "I'll beat you next time". But hey, a win is a win. What he doesn't know is my Cleveland is just about ready to drop in, and then he won't stand a chance. LOL:D

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
oh yeah?

cost of watching your co-workers "peeling" out in their VWs? -- 30 seconds

cost of 4 BFG 215/70 14 tires? -- $303

Melting two of those BFGs into clouds and clouds of smoke for about 60 seconds and clouding up the entire intersection making it impossible for anyone to drive through the clouds including my VW freak buddies? -- Priceless..... and about 10K miles of rubber.

having a guy in an Integra try to race me after that for $5K and laughing histraricly in his face? ( he only held up about $15 in cash lol ) --- just icing on the cake

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Feels Good

:D

Leaving the building after work I noticed in the parking lot at my truck that all of the rice rocket guys (and girls) were standing around the bed of my truck haveing a very serious conversation.
I had not spoken to anyone in that crowd that morning, but they had all gathered at my truck to speckulate about the 390 that I had loaded to go to the machine shop. I walked up Behind them and heard someone say" thats the biggest motor he'd ever seen" before they noticed me coming up and began asking me questions about it.
All I told them was "Great Big," and "A Whole Bunch..."
I love it when good old Detroit Iron rules the day, for me it's therapy...

:xoli: :ylsup: :sun: :pimp: :evil: :bandit:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts