Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Just wondering if anyone from the club has any black interior stuff. I want to change mine from green so I am basicly starting from scratch. I would dye mine but its not really in good enough shape to do that. Thanks for the help.

Mark

·
Registered
361 Posts
My interior is black, but its an xr7 and not a standard. I would check on ebay, craigs list, or google "black cougar parts" amazing what you will find...

eric

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I have a black carpet kit that the owner gave me when I picked up my 68. Interior is a long was from being done at this time.

One thought I did have for the saddle colord door panels was to take them to an upholstery place and see if they could redo the panels black. Not sure if its possible or not.

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Paint it Black

Oswald said:
I have a black carpet kit that the owner gave me when I picked up my 68. Interior is a long was from being done at this time.

One thought I did have for the saddle colord door panels was to take them to an upholstery place and see if they could redo the panels black. Not sure if its possible or not.
I might know someone who can do it!
How far are you from East Palo Alto?
Send me a pm if you need more info :beer:
Juli

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
Mark, I'll be brininging a bunch of black interior parts w/me to the meeting on the 8th. We can go through it and see if it works. Also, Paul Hayes (last year's president) just landed a score of Cat parts. I've got to get back w/him. I'll see what he's got.

Jeff

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Jeff,
We will be there. I might not be able to bring the cat as I am getting ready to swap trannies. I am also swapping to manual steering this week so fingers crossed I can bring it.

Mark

·
Registered
432 Posts
ca2stay said:
Mark, I'll be brininging a bunch of black interior parts w/me to the meeting on the 8th. We can go through it and see if it works. Also, Paul Hayes (last year's president) just landed a score of Cat parts. I've got to get back w/him. I'll see what he's got.

Jeff
Jeff,

Cool!! I am planning on changing my 70 interior to black as well. Maybe I can score some leftovers :icon16: .

Tom
Lodi

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
'70 XR7 4 sale in Sj Mercury News! $500.00

There is a ad in the merc for a 70 xr7 the guys # is 408 619-1996
Good Luck!
Juli:wave:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts