Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, last month the wife and I went to a swap meet locally for kicks. Wasn't looking for anything in particular. The headlight assemblies on my 67 sorta worked when I got it, one didn't close, and the boots and other parts were in tatters.

Came across one headlight assembly for a 67 coug and the guy wanted $100 for it. Pass.

Then came across a guy that had a couple, not in great shape, but the vacuum systems seemed to work. Asked what he wanted and he said if you take it all, $20, cause it's too heavy to take back to Portland. :jump3:

Uh.. sure. So I picked up three full headlight assemblies, all with salvagable parts, and two center/nose sections (between headlights). Unbeknownst to me, my center nose section where the trunk latch is, was damaged in an accident in the past (I discovered this later during my tear down), so score on that one as well. None of the parts are direct replacement quality, but still good.

Still not sure what I am going to do with these things other than a few parts I may need to freshen up mine... I'll try to post some pictures later.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
What? You and your wife went to a swap meet and you scored? Well thanks for sharing! :buck:

Sorry, the words were there and it was just TOO easy!

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
LOL - Next your gonna tell us she even carried the parts! (Where can I get me a girl like that!!) ;>)

SOme people just have good luck and stumble accross things pretty consistanlty (sigh) NOT me!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts