Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone has had any luck with the suspension kits from Laurel Mountain Mustangs. I have seen some similar post, but I am not sure how the quality or fit was. Looking to re-do front and rear suspension. Also many vendors require ask for the engine size ac or no ac for rear leaf springs, not sure why this would be necessary since the weight from the engine is on the front end.

http://www.laurelmountainmustang.com/products/1968-69-cougar-suspension-restoration-kit-b-slash-b-p-slash-s

·
Registered
335 Posts
I got 69 front and back from them. They seem to be good guys. I would not get their low end kit. Also the silicone boot on some of the A arms are worthless they pop off. I would go with the old rubber boots.

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Beware of vendors that do not ask for engine size, it matters. Mercury actually had different part numbers based on whether it was bench or bucket seats. The Scott Drake control arms are best by far, beware of low price foreign parts...

1967 - 1973 Mercury Cougar / Ford Mustang Concours Upper Control Arm Assembly - Repro
(Click Here for More Information or to Order)

Part #: 1000884
Price:$99.85

Sold individually, two required per car. These are brand new, not rebuilds.

<table id="Contents Table" width="600" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>
</td></tr><tr><td>
</td></tr><tr valign="top"><td width="600">1967 - 1973 Mercury Cougar / Ford Mustang Concours Lower Control Arm Assembly - Repro
(Click Here for More Information or to Order)

Part #: 1000881
Price:$59.85

Sold individually, right is the same as left. You can use a 1968 - 1973 lower control arm on a 1967 only if you...
</td></tr></tbody></table>

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Don for the feedback.. I am new at this whole thing. Trying to see what are the best options for me to replace my suspension both front and rear. I still have to pull the wheels of the front to see what how the front suspension looks. Lots of squeaks and allot of play. Wanted to get this done before purchasing 15x7 wheels from the vendor you listed above. They have nice set of cougar SS repro wheels and want to make sure that the config posted on their site 225/60/15 will work. Someone recommended changing the suspension before putting in the wheels

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wasn't aware they had two types of kits.. They just indicate whether you have a big block or small block with manual or power steering all at the same price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts