Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Your workspace is disgustingly clean and well lit. Beware, I think there may be a law against that in Tennessee.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably is a law..ha..ha I just shoved all the old stuff into the trash can to make way for the new stuff.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Got these from Shaun @ Street or Track... Going to attempt install this weekend.
I put his tubular front suspension and cobra pbr brakes on my 70'. I purchased mine before he came out with his coil over set-up.....the install was pretty easy. Shaun has been a good guy to deal with and has been very helpful. I'm looking forward to thrashing on it when I get the new motor running!

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
The PBR "Cobra" calipers are a good piece to use in many applications. Had them swapped on to my T-Bird SC that saw some track days, and it was a big heavy turd. Also have them now on my beater Taurus SHO over 13" rotors, works well on the track with those, surprises a lot of people that an old crapper works as well as it does. LOL

cheers
Ed N.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Not bad considering what you got! I checked out the site, very nice control arms and the Bilstien coilovers look awesome. Keep us up to date on the install!

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
He (Street of Track) hooked me up with some minor suspension mods this past week. I am only dreaming of a track car. I went the cheap route and I am going to box in the LCA's, rebuild the UCA's shafts and install a negative wedge kit (might box these too), install their adjustable strut rods, install the Boss 302 shock tower reinforcement plates, install Global West sub frame connectors, bolt up the monte carlo bar and export brace. I have a set of PBR brakes that are on a stalled 69 Mustang project that I will use.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
What kind of wheel and tire set up are you guys going to run with the PBR calipers?

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
awesome job!

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I want raceline GT wheels in a 17 X 8 w/ 4.75 backspace (I think that is what is recommended). The SorT 13" rotors have more clearance for wheels vs. regular "cobra" rotors.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks,
I do have a question for you guys. When putting on the hubs, we have the bearings/keyed washer/spindle nut/and the little "castle" cover/then the pin. There is some "play" in the "castle" cover....it will slide back and forth a little. Friends say it may rattle around. Do you guys do anything to "fix" this?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts