Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found an granada disc brake setup comes with new rotor new calipers clean backing plate plus spindles look new for 200.00 or should I buy wilwood brake kit plus what suspension should I run I was thinking about global west with coilover or just a complete stock setup

·
Registered
321 Posts
Well, in my humble opinion...if you're not going to race on the track, the stock stuff rebuilt with good quality stuff should be fine. If you're going to upgrade then Global West is good, Maier makes excellent stuff. TCP is really heavy, the stuff that Street or Track sells looks nice. Coil overs are convenient for adjusting ride height and making spring changes quickly but they just add weight.
I personally would go with the Wilwood setup instead of the Granada, or even think about the Street or Track setup or the Mustang Steve disc kit. Modern brakes at much less the cost...
Like I said, just my opinion...hope it helps!

·
Registered
565 Posts
If you are just doing the fronts then you can get the Mustang Steve 05-10 Mustang GT set for $230 for the brackets and another $150 or so for some new takeoff 05-10 Mustang calipers and rotors. Another $100-150 or so for a master cylinder from a 2000 v6 mustang and prop valve. Steve will sell you all of it except the calipers and rotors. Look here:

http://mustangsteve.com/

I would let you know how they are but mine are still sitting on a shelf waiting to be installed. I am doing front and rear GT brakes and it cost me under $800 for everything (except the wheels) IIRC.

BTW it requires 17 inch rims.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts