Mercury Cougar Owners banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have to come up with a new description for a car that was preserved for 40 years. I am not trying to promote this car in any way, but you have to check this out. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/69-M...2805720?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1e61619bd8
It is to bad it wasn't an XR7. When I think of the word survivor, I think of one that made it thru hardships. This car most have been wrapped in tissue paper and vacuum sealed in a vault.

·
Registered
292 Posts
THAT is a Sharp Car! I would almost give up all my other Projects for that one, and would buy it if I didn't have other commitments for my business. So far the price is very reasonable, but that is my opinion, and a no reserve auction.

·
Premium Member
13,578 Posts
There is another thread on this car, posted within the past few days.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
That color combination is kind of growing on me ;)

Not to be nit-picky, but it is too bad the engine bay wasn't as well preserved as the rest of the car. What happened there?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Seriously considering this car- but the 1500.00 freight on top of the purchase price on an unseen car is a bummer. Original paint is a huge deal, just not sure what that thing is worth after the frieght and better wheels/tires and whatever else it may need. Color could grow on me...eventually ! Too bad all these original ones seem to be in Cali

·
Registered
902 Posts
That's a spectacular car, but the color is just tragically horrible IMO....However, repainting this car would be a sin. Kind of a catch 22.....

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
That's a spectacular car, but the color is just tragically horrible IMO....However, repainting this car would be a sin. Kind of a catch 22.....
Tragically Horrible!?

I resemble that remark ;)

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
I resemble that remark too. I kinda like that color (but it needs a saddle interior.....)

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Not to forget it is a M code 351 4Bbl. Add some nice factory Road wheels or magnum 500s and it would be a great car !

·
Registered
17 Posts
was thinking exactly those magnum wheels and some more agressive period coker radials, maybe re pin stripe it and clean up the engine bay

sad I missed that dark green one a while back out there- but diagonal across the country is a beetch and I was skeered

I saw that 17 year old post too and thought the same thing, There are some good 17 year olds out there I guess- but I wasnt one....

I had Ivy gold(metallic) leather in this back a few years and I was good with it

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Classic

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.