Mercury Cougar Owners banner

Sunshine State

11K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  cougarlover29 
#1 ·
Anyone from Florida or South Georga not wired in to the Sunshine State Cougar Club yet? Were going on 11 years and have very enjoyable events, web site, newsletter, etc.

#2 ·
I been to a few shows myself, last one i really went on was the sunrise to sunset in 05 i think it was.Lately i havent been really into it , my car has been parked since may of 06 and i been slowly working on it to get it back in shape for the great weather we got here.maybe in 09 i`ll attend some shows but right now i got way to much going on around the household that takes up alot of my time.But its a great organization and hopefully we can get some more members.

thanks
pat

#3 ·
I'm only about 30 miles north of Florida. My car is driveable but in no shape to be seen in public. I'm headed to Afghanistan in a few months. Maybe I can get it in a good bodyshop while I'm gone.

#8 ·
Then theres the turkey rod run show around thanksgiving weekend that the group gets together in ormand beach and folloes as a groupto the show.Now that my car is done i still want to do a few things to it before i take her our.It may get pushed back till the march spring show sinc i want to do my headers and its gonna take about 500.00 to have them ceramic coated.So definately get with the club there Jpink its a great club and you get lots of laughs and a great bunch of people to hang with.

thanks
pat

#9 ·
I'm doin good. About halfway done here. Didn't get my car in the body shop though. Thinking of buying an 00' lightning so my car may never get done.

#13 ·
Ah, ya never know... you might put it on the road and little by little make it the way you want.

We all thank you for your service and appreciate you and your comrades keeping the rest of us safe. Make sure you get up with us when you get back home.

Take care... :wave:

#12 ·
Do yall ever do anything upstate? I'm between Jax and GA. Just south of the border.
We have the Silver Springs Show and two shows in Daytona that a lot of us attend. I'm in Naples so for me that's way up state. All three are great locations and a good time is had by all.

#11 ·
The SSCC sometimes gets to go to the world golf village and the destination daytona harley davidson. There are some car shows at the world golf village, i think every 3rd saturday of every month.Then there gonna be in daytona for the turkey rod run show this november.GO onto www.sscconline.com n check it out

thanks
pat

#16 ·
Sunshine State Cougar Club upcoming shows/events

This coming weekend (October 24-26) a group of SSCC members will be in Daytona for the Daytona Beach Dream Cruise.

http://daytonabeachdreamcruise.com/

And there should also be some members at the Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI) show in Tampa that same weekend.

http://www.mustangcluboftampa.com/

November 1st is our annual Old Town (Kissimmee) show, our second-largest show of the year. It usually brings out twenty to forty Cougars. It's an excellent opportunity to meet a lot of members from far-flung parts of the state.

http://www.old-town.com/CarShows/CarShows.html

The next big show we have is the Silver Springs show in Ocala, at Silver Springs, January 10th and 11th. That usually attracts about two dozen Cougars.

http://www.npdlink.com/modules/Silver_Springs/images/SSFORD.pdf

The weather is getting just right here in Florida for the car show season to begin for us Floridians who've weathered the heat, the humidity, the hurricanes and the tropical storms.

#17 ·
I`m praying that my car is done before the show happens in daytona.I was told the car has a clunking sound in the rearend so there gonna pull it out and look into it.It is fine on straightaways but taking a corner it is making that sound so i hope its done before then if not i`ll go but will take my everyday driver to meet up with everyone.

thanks
pat

#18 ·
We also have a new website. Go to www.sunshinestatecougarclub.com. We are still alive and well with around 110 members thoughout the state and we are a very active club. We have a very busy car show season coming up. Being the host club at Old Town the end of October. We usually get around 30 cats for that one. The Turkey Run at the track in Daytona Beach over Thanksgiving weekend. A show in Sebring, an all Ford show in Jacksonville, and a huge all Ford show in Silver Springs Park put on by NPD which usually draws 1300 - 1500 Fords, it's quite a site. That's just to name a few...so you can see it gonna be a great car season!!! Check us out on the web.

Reactions: sbbtech
#19 ·
I went last year to Old Town. I was disappointed with the turnout. My car stayed home though because it needs tons of bodywork. I'm taking it today to get an estimate for the floorpans to be replaced. Maybe it will be decent and I'll take it this year. I've got all the interior out, definitely not a show car.

#20 ·
I don't know what time you got there but we ended up getting 29 cougars there and in in my book when you get that many cats in the same place at the same time that's a good turnout. If you would of brought yours it would of been 30. Doesn't matter what condition it's in, we've all been there before.

#21 ·
I'll bring it this year. I'm having trouble finding a bodyshop however that wants to do work on my car. I need floor pans replaced and roof work done. Have any thoughts anyone? I won't bring it if I can't get those 2 things done beforehand. I spent all day there. What I meant by the turnout wasn't really about how many cars that were there. I was hoping to see more Cougars that were complete. I was happy with both eliminators that were there. My dad spent a lot of time talking to one of the guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.