Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used the stripper wheel s and the electric sander they sell at suchaser tools yesterday over at johns on his GTE. Stripped the front fender in about 30 minutes and thats with john taking smoke breaks. Man is that one kewl tool! best thing i have ever used for removing paint in my life. and best thing is it doesnt heat up the metal and warp it like sand blasting and no real mess just some sweapable color dust on the drive way so way cleaner than stripper and a whole lot cheaper than sand paper and way quicker. the tool is a light duty makita and spins less then 3000 rpm i beleive way light so it doesnt wear you out. As far as im concerned for twelve bucks a wheel it is the only way to strip a car down to metal. you can get there from our links section or contat ken sakamoto through email to orde it at [email protected] tell him Greg DeMott sent you.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
So Greg,
What about buffing out the the trim pieces on out cats...Do they have anything for that??? I mean while it's still on the cat...

Don

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not that im aware of if your mean ing the aluminum or the stainless? the stuff we use for cleaning and buffing canopys works great on aluminum and i always used mothers on the stainless. but call and ask him he may cary something they have allot of stuff not listed on the website. http://www.sunchasertools.com

·
Registered
138 Posts
That's what I used to strip my entire car except for the underside. I put the disc on my air die grinder and it zipped 5 layers of paint off relatively quick. Luckily my dad runs a body shop so I got the disc for free! On the underside, I spent many long weekends sandblasting to get in all the little cracks and crevices.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
neat looking piece. Will have to keep that in mind. Its alot faster, less messier then chemical stripping, And zips off w/ no hassles. Im sold on it..
thanks
pat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts