Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Graet looking cat!!!! interesting color too.

Man I wish I had a ragtop! But alas.... The sun out here is brutal in the summer.:cool:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Looks like you were able to get out and enjoy the car this summer. That makes all the work worth it dosent it? mm

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Getting Out

Mark,
You are absolutely right. I worked on the car for almost 9 straight months. Every weekend and almost every night. However I have done almost nothing to the car, except drive it, since June. I still have a bunch of little loose ends to wrap up (did you notice there is no side view mirror?) but I will wait until it is no longer convertible weather before tackling them. Sunday was the CCNJ covered bridge tour, had a blast cruising through the woods of eastern PA. During our club picnic, after the bridge tour, the subject of cars that don't get driven came up. The common concensus was, "why have a car, and not drive it." Cars were made to be driven, so take em' out and drive them. I have spent most of the summer and early fall finding every possible cruise, show and parade that I can get involved with. This Saturday my Cougar will be carrying two young ladies from the Homecoming Court for Riverside School in Riverside NJ. So any cougar.net folks in the NJ/Philly area feel free to come check out the parade Saturday morning, and the Ceremony Saturday afternoon
Enjoy!!!
Paul G.
http://home.sprynet.com/~pamar/cougar.html

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Color

Texrep,
Thanks!!! That is the original 69 "Dark Aqua Matallic" color. There are a few 69's with that color here in NJ. Two other CCNJ members have 69's that color, one is an original 428 CJR convertible and the other is Rick P's tweaked out 351 hardtop. I will be posting pics of mine and Rick's together at the CCNJ cruise soon.
Enjoy!!
Paul G.
http://home.sprynet.com/~pamar/cougar.html

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Paul, sounds like you used yours about like I do mine. I agree with driving it for pleasure. I have resorvatins about them being driven for and everyday work vehicle but I guess that depends on a persons situation. I know I sure as hell wouldnt drive mine to some steel mill parking lot and my wife knows if see wants to stop at wal-mart while we are out that she is in for a long walk from far end of the parking lot. That said I do think that having a car you cant drive some and enjoy is like having a woman that cant cook and wont sleep with you. In other words it aint worth having.mm

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Here... Here MM
I drive mine all the time... I it doesn't go to Walmart or K-Mart much....and I always seem to get lost for an hour or two when running an errand...:D

You Gotta Love It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Don

·
Registered
355 Posts
The Merc looks great, Paul! If I see you around, I'll be sure to chase you down and say Hi...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts