Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about your neighborhoods but mine was crawling with muscle cars all weekend. It would seem there are some pretty bad cars in these here parts. There is every thing from my 70 Cougar to a 67 Mustang GT next door. A 70 Camaro up the street. A really bad, and I mean bad 70 Charger several doors down. Were talking a 440 drilled out with Nitrous. Can you say "The fast and the Furious"? I thought I could build some horsepower. This guy Willie B has me beat. He's a DJ for a hard rock radio station here in Denver (KBPI) and he has no problem getting the front wheels up. I'll hear him start his machine up. So I'll have to go out and start mine up. Then my neighbor Blake has to join in. Next thing you know there is nothing but that beautiful sound of horsepower in the air. This summer there will be a Ford day at Bandimere Speedway for all kind of ford owners that want to run their cars. If there are any Cougar owners that are here or near Denver and want to hookup and check it out. Let me know.

·
Registered
794 Posts
what area in Denver do you live? I used to live in Lakewood, then moved to N. Colorado Springs. Until the wife got sick of the snow, then we moved back to CA.
I miss the days when I could go 4wheelin with my Bronco in the snow.....

·
Registered
314 Posts
Willie B's Charger is sweet! I saw it when I was in Denver once. I would take a cougar over it any day though.

Whens the all ford day? If it is before June 28 I would love to go down to Bandimere. I should have my cleveland rebuilt by then, hopefully by memorial day weekend so I can tear up the rice boys at high school drags. I really miss my cleveland, I had to put my 170K mile 289 back in so I get back and forth to school.:cry:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
CrazyCat:
I hear ya bro. I live in Englewood (Now Centennial). The snow has been real weak this year though. Being the snowmobile freak that I am I would like to see it to snow from a$$hole to appetite. Winter is for deep powder rides. Summer is for Cougars.:D

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ClevelandCougar:
I'm not sure when the all ford day is. I'll Check tomorrow and post. Willie actually has two chargers. The one I spoke of earlier and an R/T. He has a motor that anyone would die for and he's yanking it this weekend to make more power. I quess those single guys have nothing but money to burn.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Thanks, that would be great, I haven't heard any thing about it anywhere. You're right the winter has been really weak, I've only been able to take the cougar out an spin dougnuts in the school parking lot once all year. Hopefully there won't be too many forest fires this year.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey my local buddies... According to my handy Bandimere schedule (mailing list of course) the all Ford day is June 30th. They actually had some big guns running at the track this last weekend, you can hear it nicely from my house just this side of them.
See you all there!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right on Mag. i looked on Bandys web site this morning and couldn't find a thing. So I went back out to June 30 and Volia. Here's what it says.

Phil Long Ford "All-Ford Day" Dates:
Jun/30/2002

All-Fords all the time! The event includes Drag Racing, Dealer Displays, Huge Car Show, Exhibitions by Pro 5.0 Champ Bill Glidden, Live Music and MORE! Drag racing and show classes for all makes and models of Fords. Must be Ford powered.
Gates Open 8:00 am Car Show Judging 9:00 am – 1:30 pm Time Trials 9:00 am Show Awards 2:30 pm Eliminations 3:00 pm No entries will be accepted after 12:00 noon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts