Mercury Cougar Owners banner

241 - 249 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
The solenoid is on the fender well by the battery. It will have a short cable from the positive battery terminal on one side and a long cable going to the starter on the other side, with a couple of small wires in between.

Andrew
Ok. I figured that was it. Should be an easy replace. Is that the same thing as a starter motor relay?

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Ok. I figured that was it. Should be an easy replace. Is that the same thing as a starter motor relay?
Yes. Also, just because your voltmeter shows 13 volts, doesn't mean that the battery is good. Just for grins take it to any auto parts store and they can test it under load.

Andrew

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
Yes. Also, just because your voltmeter shows 13 volts, doesn't mean that the battery is good. Just for grins take it to any auto parts store and they can test it under load.

Andrew
I'll just take it in to work. I work at a lube shop. I'll test it myself there. I'll have them give it a look over too.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I am thinking if cables/jumper cables were getting HOT it is because of a big load on system ... like starter is shorted out ....

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
Anyone know what the piece that goes inside of the handle of the front vent windows are called or where I can get one? I have a handle and the window but nothing to mount the handle on.

241 - 249 of 249 Posts