Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bear with me, i just have to vent a bit...... the day was going good till i got out of the junkyard and saw that my Cougar got its first door ding since the new paint. doh. it also chipped the paint in that spot. double Doh. time to touch it up. go to class it goes ok and time to get out. driving home down a certain street with no posted limit that leads into a residential area. yaaay i get a ticket for 45 ( i know i know ) in a 25 zone. technically i wasnt even in the residential area yet but i still got it. D'oh. get home and see my neighbor that i had 2 potential money making projects in the line. says he has to show me something. 1) his Corrola that i was gonna do a simple repair on was totaled this last weekend and he just got it back. not worth repairing. ok, but hes ok, thats good news. bad news is that i lost a project. then he tells me that hes gonna sell his Oldsmobile to get a new car to replace the Toyota. hmmm, lost the other project for me now. D'Oh. get inside coming down and the mail is here. my bank account is overdrawn $82. hmm, i dont have any money anymore. well at least i sold that radio on Ebay for more than i expected. but im still broke and have no more cash coming in for at least 2 more weeks. all that and a ticket that will show on my record. ( its my second within a year ) hmmmmmm, today was unique for sure. oh yeah, talked to the guys where the 70 Cougar im going after is abandoned. The pizza hut guys seem to be to aprehensive to call the yard to tow it. so i left the number of the yard i need it towed to with someone at the 99 cent place next to the Pizza Hut and now its on the good faith of the property owner to contact me and send the car my way. damn damn damn. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..... not a fun day at all. sorry people, just had to vent

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Steve, sorry to hear about your sucky day. Im having those every day for the last 3 weeks, but it has to end soon right.

Rick

Hey, to cheer up, why dont you cut apart some taillights.lol.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Steve, look at the bright side, thats one more jap pos off the road we dont have to look at anymore!!:D mm

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ooh, but that wasnt the end of the day here. ( pacific time zone here ) after all that i talked to my cousin on the phone whose like really cool and all. i think something i said was misunderstood and now shes royally pissed at me. hmmmmm...... makes me wonder whats in store for today. damn

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sucky days for sure. I was T-boned on the passagers side door in Dec. of 01 took 3 months for the insurance to pay up. In the mean time I looked for a good place to do the work. ( Got real lucky all that was damaged was the door didn't break the glass or touch the rocker) Anyhow's found a place the guy ended up replacing the door. He couldn't blend the paint so I went with a whole paint job. turned out real nice ( pic posted). Well after about 2 weeks the paint started to do some funky stuff. the guy said he would take care of it no problem. (problem). The paint he started to repaint with was midnight blue the paint on the car is patriot blue metalic. Ops wrong color right? Noooo paints the car half way with this color. I told him I wanted the patriot color he told me and showed me the 2 cans that they were the same paint code. Now he has to paint it again. (sucks). Just gat it back today its close to the color I wanted. (Great!!) Wrong after insepcting the car closely. Orange peal, and runs. Well I'm not taking it back to him. A fiend told me that he could get alot of the orange peal and runs out by lightly sanding it and buffing alot. I sure hope this to be true. Its May now so thats been 5 months of working on paint and insurance companys. So thats where I'm at today. Not very happy with it. So I'll deal with it and repaint again at a later date unless this other works that my friend told me.
Thanks for listening.
By the way this is a great site. All of you answer alot of my ? without having to post.
Hope to meet some of you guys and gals at a show some sunny califorina day.
Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Last year I traded my jimmy to my son for his 69. Today it just sits there rotting away, because I am building a house and don't have extra cash to get it in or redone. The purple paint is getting messed up andthis realy torks me off. But on the bright side I will get it redone,all bondo removed, hopefully i can find new quarter panels,front bumper,ect. then alot of cash will be put into it.this is a fast car and will be redone for graffiti night in Onawa, Iowa for the year 2003-4. If anyone has ever been there it is in june and it is alot of fun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts