Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, after all of the things I've repaired (little stuff) on my car, I have had pretty much everything torn apart at one time or another, and I still, don't know what this damn switch does! Does anyone know (Im sure all of you know) what the last switch on the XR7 dash is? The one that is marked ACCY?

lol, lame aye?

Thanks

Chris

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
It fills a hole in the dash.

It fills a hole in the dash. You could use it for what ever you want, Driving lights, Power amp, Rear defoger ect. it did nothing from the factory. For the 70 XR7 convertable that was the Top switc and said "TOP" and in a 70 XR7 hard top it was the optional rear window defoger and said "DEFOG". both are hard to find.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really?! Cool! Is there a connector for it? Or do I have to rip the dash off?

Chris

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Cool. Thanks. I have asked that same question before and got no answer. Mine has the harness for that switch but I could not find a home to plug it into or find it on a schematic, only the cnvrtbl diagram was shown. It is all so clear now.
Thank You.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Doesn't that switch eject the passenger's seat when actuated!

The name is Bond..... James Bond.......:1poke: :1poke:

Sorry couldn't resist:D

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
I guess ACCY would than stand for accessory, we had a similiar problem with one of our cars, on the alternator, or was it the starter, something like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts