Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Edelbrock Street Master single plane intake on my 390 and have never heard of it, nor can I find any info on it. Does anyone know if this is a good intake and what is it used for? (street,strip, track)

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
open plenum intakes are for constant hi rev applications and not really a street intake IMO

·
11,000 Posts
The Street Master is one of a failed generation of Edelbrock intakes developed in the mid 1970's that includes the Performer 390, Streetmaster and SP2P. All are considered valuable only as scrap aluminum compared to the Blue Thunder FE intakes or the Edelbrock Performer RPM. These last two were developed in the early 1990's and offer at least 20 - 30 HP over the intake you have now with gains across the RPM band.

·
Contributing Member
374 Posts
I agree with Royce. I had a 390 streetmaster on my 428, pulled it off and replaced it with a performer rpm and noticed better performance. Here is a pic of the markings on my streetmaster.

Attachments

·
Contributing Member
374 Posts
another pic of the underside of the streetmaster.

Regards,
Brian

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, it's junk other than its lighter than the stock piece, and it prolly flows a little better than the stock piece?

·
11,000 Posts
With smaller ports than the stock manifold it probably does not flow as well but may flow with more even distribution. Edelbrock was trying to promote this manifold as a way to get small block gas mileage from your big block. Unfortunately you also got small block performance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts