Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 67 has the stock heat/ac unit under the dash. When I pulled the motor I broke the heater core so I need to replace it. The po took out the ac stuff and covered the holes coming through the firewall cover with foam crap. I would like to run ac on the car and have heat. I need to hook everything up including wiring and vaccume lines etc. What are my options. I have a 351c and dont want to run a big original compressor. And I dont want to drop a lot of money into a all new system if I can make this work.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Check out classic auto air or old air products. You can buy everything under the hood in a kit if you want. Or one part at a time. I have done what you want to do twice. Be sure the evaporator is super clean. Brand new expantion valve is a must. If you choose R-134 might spring for the upgraded condenser. No matter what anyone says 134 is ok , blows 41 degrees at vent on a 95 degree day. Yes R-12 is better if you can get some.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I work for Classic Auto Air out of Tampa, FL. There are several ways to approach getting AC back into your Cougar. If you like give me a call and I will be happy to go into detail about all of your options.

813-251-2356 x 7022 ask for Ron.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts