Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I researched this topic, and found this post from Dr Desoto:

the new fuzzies come with staple hole laid out .don't try staples on the rear---the fiberglass is so brittle it wants to break.use .o32 stainless lock wire.make a staple out of a piece 3" long.drill the f/glass in the correct location. install you new staple an lightly twist the wires---cut off excess.on th fuzzy side, push the wire in the nap and rub with your finger---the wire will disapear.works on the front door panels also.
doctordesoto

Where do you buy .032 stainless lock wire? I know I have seen a few threads about using wire instead of 40 year old staples, I just want to get it right.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, I was able to locate a roll of .035 stainless at D&B supply. I'm hoping the difference of .003 inch will not fail the process.
Thanks Lloyd!

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Dr.'s comments must be in relation to HT 1/4 interior panels as on a 'vert there are no panels where the whiskers go that are not metal. For the sire I was going to suggest a marine supply place, but Mcmaster or Grainger should be good as well (but looks like you found what you need).

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, I just dumped out the box from WCCC....And there is a bag of staples in the box......I didn't know that!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts