Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need red parts like door panels and door surround and pillar pads etc. Rear panels too. Red not maroon. No thank you to our friends in the UK.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm. I see both a red and a maroon available for seat upholstery and head liner and carpet.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
I don't know where you're seeing that both red and maroon where available in a Cougar but wherever it is, it's wrong. Interior code "D" was called red in 1967 & 1968 but as I said, it's more of a dark red or maroon. Mustangs had a bright red available but not in the Cougar. Here is a pic of a 67 XR7 color code "D" red interior.
DSC00131.jpg

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the pic Jeff. That door panels and seats look pretty red to me. There appears to be some mismatching of colors in that pic. Door arm rest looks maroon. The console has about three shades between the plastic bottom and the clock area and the main console. Sorry if that is your car just observing and realizing how hard it will be to get matching pieces.

Actually after review, the door panels and clock face are more red that the rest.

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
thanks for the pic Jeff. That door panels and seats look pretty red to me. There appears to be some mismatching of colors in that pic. Door arm rest looks maroon. The console has about three shades between the plastic bottom and the clock area and the main console. Sorry if that is your car just observing and realizing how hard it will be to get matching pieces.

Actually after review, the door panels and clock face are more red that the rest.
The varied shades of Red between the interior components are typical when looking at pieces that have naturally aged over time. We had a 70 XR7 Vert with original Red interior (code 6D) that also some shade variations between the interior components. Pictures of that car can be viewed in my gallery. Other interior colors will also show slight variations between armrests/door panels, consoles/console lids, lower dash caps; etc.

Gary

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
will give you a call tomorrow. How are the other parts? I am staying with the black dash pad cause it is perfect and my interior is going to be a bit of a two tone red and black anyway.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts