Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess locally my search hasnt turned up the 69 or 70 I'm looking for so I will have to turn to finding one farther away.

Just looking for a straight rust free standard. Nothing fancy, motor or trans not an issue along with the int. Prefer a non vinyl top and black int.

Price is an issue though as I plan to spend a ton on it so the lower purchase price the better. mm

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The pictures show major bubbles under the vinyl roof. Thats one thing I'm trying to avoid. mm

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
The was a 1970 xr7 at an estates sale recently, looked garage kept, like it came out of a time capsule, probably has very low miles, might have even had the original tires on it. but they wanted 8k i think, but it is in perfect condition. It ran for months and I dont think it ever sold.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bowl, thats what I don't really want is some low milage "nice" car. Especially at that price. I intend on compleatly redoing the car so all I want is a good straight rust free body. Motor, suspension etc dont mean nothing to me, as its all getting replaced. mm

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Mark, I don't know what your price range or travel range is, but there is 2 69 cougars on ebay right now one in Wis. and one in N.C. Item # are 1868043431 and 1867933300. Found a 70 the other day,had been wrecked i don't think there was a straight piece on it, but going to bring it home any way [haven't told the wife yet]. Are you coming to Columbus swap meet next month. Maybe we can try the meeting for everybody again, maybe wv cat won't just walk by again Jerry

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
mark i have a line on another cat i will try to get to it in a couple of weeks got a 67 to tear apart and picking up my 68 this weekend. i will keep you aprised

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys, cross your fingers. Got a line on one from the SW.

Jerry as of right now I plan on it. mm

·
Registered
99 Posts
Mark
if you come out to the meet in november look me up, Im going to be down all weekend again. need to get the rest of the parts for the 69. hope the search is going well for the project.

Chris

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
fingers crossed so are toes. hey if you network this right maybe some of this list members will be so kind as to provide a room for the trip to pick it up? sur3e would be nice to see a rally to get mark a car campaigne.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chris, I sure will look you up as well as any others. Would like to make it for both days this time.

The update is I just got off the phone with a guy and made him an offer for the car. He is going to let me know in the next day or two. He didnt say no so we will see:D .

A rally to get Mark a car? Sounds good to me! Maybe my wife will lead the charge!!LOL NOT!!mm

·
Registered
58 Posts
I saw this add Online. Might be something to check out. It is in Georga though.

1969 MERCURY COUGAR, , body shell only, very solid, no drive train, fenders or doors, $250 +(Lavonia) 706-356-4135

--Jim

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well the 2 days have turned into 5 or 6 with no reply from the guy with the car so I guess I have no deal with him. So the search goes on. :mad:

I kinda makes me mad when someone says they will let you know if you have a deal or not and then even if they turn down the deal he should let you know if he said he would!

I might even turn down the deal myself if he called today because if I cant trust him to call as he promised can I trust him to be truthfull about the condition of the car also? .

I called him yesterday and left a message on his machine and as of today I still got no reply.

swmpthg, thanks for the lead but I need a more complete car. mm

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Bummer, still looking

Sorry you're still looking MM. I still think you should have gotten mine. I remember telling you I had the original 69 std. numbers for it and title as well. Plenty of extra parts too. Anyway, I think I have about talked my wife into letting me keep it and finish it so I hope that works out. (even with the upcoming move). Good luck hunting. About 3 to 4 grand ought to get you a fair 69 body and some parts. Keep us posted on the pro-street project.
COUGRRRMAN
:)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
COUGRRRMAN, Yeah I was real close. I think the reason the guy didnt answear right away when I made the offer was he had a local guy he was waiting on to get back with him. Maybe if I would have got to him a couple days earlier it would have went through.

I'm glad your wife sees things better for you. You had a good deal on the car but I just have to have the right "feel". I got time to wait and just missed another "deal" tonight on a 67 Stang Fastback. Yeah I know its not a Cougar but since the movie with Elonore these things have went out of sight, and I might have just moved it anyway. BUT you never know. mm

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Not to worry. If you do not end up finding one then give me a holler, my wife might change her mind or I might find another one for you. Take care MM.
Cougrrrman

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
dont want a California car eh?? im looking for a 69 for myself so i see a few here and there. if i fond a nice one ill at least let everyone know. cant hurt

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Hey Mark, If your interested in coming this far east I saw an ad for a 69 in the local paper. All the ad says is 69 cougar 3000/best offer, call for more details. 740-537-2059 The number is from Toronto, Ohio I have never got an answer when calling but an answering machine picks up. I never left a message to call because I don't have the cash for it anyway. If you want me to find out the details let me know.
John
wvcat

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sixt9coug, What ya mean I dont want a Cali car? Would love to have one but ya gotta find a wore out one to get it cheap enough so I can afford to ship it. If it runs at least enough to load it on the truck that saves quite abit of $ on shipping. I did do quite a bit of checking and found a couple places that can get me one from Southern Cali for like around $800. They priced me $700 from Tucson.

The good thing is I dont need a good motor, just a straight rust free body.

John, I'll try to call the # tonight, it cant hurt but thats about as far as I'll drive to get one myself. I figured I could do the surounding states myself. mm

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
modifiedmark,
check pm's

1 - 20 of 28 Posts