Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the wheel we used was out of some production car that i modified to fit and used the 67 type horn button/pad---un fortunately , i have painted the wheel black with vinyl spray and it wants to chip off after time----i sent the wheel to Dallas Custom Steering Wheels in texas and they did a fantastic job of wrapping the wheel with german leather-=--i opted to omit the 1/16 foam pad as i didn't want therim to get too large---two day turn around too
doctordesoto

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Pics please!

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Am I missing something? This thread is almost as if it is a continuation of another thread, the beginning of the thread and pictures or? is missing?

:confused:

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
That's what I was thinking as well, but if drdesoto did a custom steering wheel, I'd like to at least see the pics! I still have AlphaCat's original leather-wrapped wheel in the attic (unless the mice have gotten to it!)

·
Registered
389 Posts
reads more like a private message that someone else knows what all is going on haha

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i guess what i was trying to say is that one can tidy up a steering wheel that has aratty rim and make it look really good---as stated , the wheel is a production wheel that we bought in reno swap meet---i bored the splined boss out and drilled it for a grant 3 hole addaptor---the bottom bezzel is made of alum and the top bezzel is a 67 mustang cut down---the center is repop SAM_0237.JPG with a grant horn button and the cat from wccc
it looked great when orig installed but the black vinyl paint kept comming off---by having the wheel w SAM_0236.jpg raped it cleaned up the wheel and helped the restomod look---never could understand why mercury put a woodgrained wheel in the 67 decore package===ther SAM_0235.JPG e is no other wood grain in the car---the dash panel was machined and grained to match the console panel,console glove box and the steering wheel
doctor SAM_0234.JPG desoto

1 - 6 of 6 Posts