Mercury Cougar Owners banner

Steering box parts

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  modifiedmark 
#1 ·
Anyone know a supplier for steering box parts? I went through my spare box today and found it in real good shape except I want to replace the seals in in. The lower seal has no #s on it and I really dont want to do the auto parts runaround and the worm gear seal is special anyway.

Also was the box bare cast from the factory or was it painted? mm

#4 · (Edited)
MM - call Lee Mfg. Co. 1.818.768.2687. They are located in north Hollywood, CA.
All they do is steering and gearboxes. they also build for NASCAR, and they would have any parts you need. They can suggest mods to upgrade or rebuild to your specs. I have used them on several cars and their work is impecable, plus they are really helpful if all you need is some tech info.

#5 ·
Thanks calcat, I got my auto parts checking with his rebuilder for the seals. But if they strike out I wll give them a call. My box is fine I just want to replace a couple 30 year old seals.

Anywone on the next question, what color to paint or not the box before it go's on. mm

#6 ·
Steering box paint?

MM,

I repectfully defer that question to the Gold level Concours-class judges you'll find for Mustangs since they were produced on the same assembly lines.

There's nobody more picky than a concours Mustang judge! :p:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.