and we've enjoyed upgrading it and driving around turning
heads since then.

We went down to the Mustangs Unlimited car show
this past Sunday and were sadden to see so few Cougars
at this show!

We were thinking the Cat needs more representation
in the Massachsuetts area, so if you are interested
in getting a group of fellow classic cougar lovers
together for monthly rallys and pizza, please email me.
I'd like to get a headcount and locations of potential
members, so we can decide on a central meeting place.

We are proud to be a Cat owner and so should you!

Email me at: [email protected]
Thanks
Mrs67Cougar

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
I hope you can put that together, I lived on the Cape back in the winter of 1959/60. I'm in Washington state so I will not be any help. I do hope to vacation back to the east coast soon. Neal.

·
Registered
16 Posts
cougars in MA

Hi, Supposedly they spotted a REAL cougar in the Quabbin Res. area a few yrs. ago! However, my cat is a 67 standard waiting for a final paint job and some rechroming. Well, that's the major stuff at least. I would be interested in a BayState chapter of Cougar Crazies. I'm in the Worcester area and have seen a few Classic Cats around over the yrs. Sooo, count me in! :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the encouragement!

I have contacted Ron Crouch of CCOA to get more info on
local area members. As soon as we have a decent number of
interested parties, we will email a survey/questionnaire to get
ideas about where to meet and what kind of events to schedule,
such as cruises, rallys and car shows.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im In Weymouth on the south shore and have a running 68 standard that im currently working on id be interested too..

Zack

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
I'm in the Boston area and it would be nice to have a local club
Bruce

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi,

If a Cougar Club gets together in Massachusetts I would like to become a part of it. I am originally from Holliston, Massachusetts, but now live in Florida. I go to Ashland every summer to visit family for a few weeks. Eventually, I would like to move back to Massachusetts. I know it snows, but it is only in winter and I enjoy the change of season.

Hope it comes together,

·
Registered
600 Posts
Well now that i am back i would love to be part of a club in the Mass area. PLMK if there is anything i can do!

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
MA Cougars

I am in Millbury and have two '68 XR-7's. A friend down the street has a '67 and I'm aware of a friend of his in West Brookfield that has 2 or 3.

Let me know if you decide to organize something.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I received a list of Massachusetts members from the CCOA and found that Worcester would be the most central location for almost everyone.

Maybe over this winter, we can collect suggestions on a meeting place and schedule an agreeable date for all sometime in April or May 2004.

Contact me through this forum or at [email protected]

OK, Mass. Cougar owners, let's get this going!

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Mrs67Cougar said:

OK, Mass. Cougar owners, let's get this going!
Maybe a Cougar showing at Heberts Candy Mansion on Rt. 20 in Shrewsbury for the Thursday night cruise-in would be a good starting point. I'm pretty sure that the Heberts cruise nights start up in May. I know they run through mid-September.

There are also 5 Mustang Car Club of New England shows each summer that have a class set aside for Cougars, so we don't necessarily have to start from scratch.

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
If anyone wants to become active in starting a Massachusetts Cougar club, my wife and I are willing to host an initial meeting at our home. We are in the Worcester area, so should be central to most. What about an initial meeting in September?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My husband and I would be interested in coming, very gracious of you to offer to host a meeting, I'd hoped on getting something going, but my health hasn't cooperated too much lately!

Let us know what date and where,

Thanks,
Jeanne & Paul Topham
Millis, MA

ps. If you're doing food and drinks, let me know what I can bring.

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Jeanne,

How about shooting for Labor Day weekend?

Anyone who's interested and who has a date preference, please respond to this post. We are willing to host a barbecue for all interested parties.

Regards,
Bill

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd like to join you all, I own a 72 cougar that I just got in April. I'm in Shrewsbury, there has been some sightings at Hebert's Candy Mansion on thurs. nights. I'll be there this week weather permitting to meet another owner of a 68.
Cindy aka Ms. Kitty

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
What About This:

http://www.necougarclub.com/index.html

The Cougar Club of New England is a non-profit, organized club for those wishing to share knowledge and camaraderie with Mercury Cougar Owners and other automotive enthusiasts. The CCNE is open to all Cougar Enthusiasts from all model year Cougars throughout New England (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut).

Annual Dues are $20 and are renewed each April. (New members joining mid-year will be pro-rated.) Membership includes a subscription to our bi-annual newsletter, an informational website, a club window sticker identifying the club and a club key chain. Dues will be applied towards club operating expenses such as postage, internet fees, promotions and event related materials.

The CCNE BOD will meet twice per year, including once in early
December to elect officers for the following year.

Join us this season. See events list for all the shows!

Check It Out!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts