Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading the original Cougar test drive information in Car and Driver, October 1966. The article said that among the standard options were pinstriping and a trunk light... huh? Are either of these true and I'm just missing them now, or is the article wrong?

If it's correct, where did the pinstriping run?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Hi Steve,

the luggage compartment light is part of the optional courtesy light group that included the interior roof pillar lights and the parking brake warning light. Now on my 67, I have the courtesy light group but without the parking brake light...go figure!:rolleyes:

As for the pinstriping, I always thought that it was standard. It was installed on the "belt line" or top edge of the fender, door and quarter panel. Will dig a bit more in my litterature.

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Yep

I have a 67 Standard w/ the light group (with a trunk light) I also have the e-brake warning light.
It also had original pinstriping.
I had it pin striped again when it was painted.
2 colors were available black and polar white.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Yep

xr7gt said:
I have a 67 Standard w/ the light group (with a trunk light) I also have the e-brake warning light.
It also had original pinstriping.
I had it pin striped again when it was painted.
2 colors were available black and polar white.
I think I must have the convenience light group... I have the rear courtesy lights and the e-brake warning light too. The pinstriping is gone with the last repaint, but obviously it could be reapplied. No trunk light, but I'll now have to investigate if it's completely missing, or something as simple as a burned bulb.

Thanks!

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
it should run down the left cross brace and under the carpet layment to a plug coming off the harness just fyi. and it will be a one bayonet type plug as well.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cougarguy said:
it should run down the left cross brace and under the carpet layment to a plug coming off the harness just fyi. and it will be a one bayonet type plug as well.
Thanks for the tip! I'll look when the Cat gets back from the shop.

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Hey Steve
Here is the light on Ebay for a buy it now price of $10 which is about a 3rd of what they go for.
Light

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks!

xr7gt said:
Hey Steve
Here is the light on Ebay for a buy it now price of $10 which is about a 3rd of what they go for.
Light
Hey, thanks! That was our very own Badcatt, wasn't it? Well, I know where to complain if it turns out to be junk! :p:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts