Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, was wondering if anyone knows of a good place to make a custom dash piece out of brushed stainless steel for my guages. I'm trying to put 3 small 1 3/4 (not exact) inch guages where the idiot lights used to be. This is the setup the PO had, but he used balsa wood as the piece and it didnt hold up so well. I've tried making the piece myself, but can not drill the holes correctly with the equipment I have. However I've got the exact size and template for the outer edge. If anyone can do this, i would be happy to send the template, one of the guages for the hole size, and some money for your time(or some spare parts). I've gone to places around me, but they say its not worth their time. Damn *******s!!! Anyway if anyone could help I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks

·
Registered
889 Posts
try this

If yu can make them out of regular steel clean them real good then off to the chrome shop.we did this with some parts for a fire truck.we hadto fabricate some ladder racks.they came out sweet. Dan

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately, i dont have the equipment to do it right, and besides I'd rather go with Brushed Stainless Steel, or brushed aluminum. I'm not to hot for chrome, believe it or not, except for bumpers and trim ofcourse. Thanks

·
Registered
889 Posts
go aluminum

If you go aluminum go to the hardware store and get a hole saw bit.A wood hole saw will go through aluminum if you keep it cool with some oil.You will get your two or three holes out of it but not much more go slow dont smoke the bit. Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts