Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, have a question for you. How many vacuum lines does an FMX have? Just one, or two? The reason I ask is: When I shift out of Park, Reverse or such I will hear a "sshhh" sound, not very long, its infact fairly quick. And, I noticed I have another vacuum line that goes from rubber to a metal tube that seems to go under the firewall to the tranny, which looks like the line that goes to the vacuum module on the back of the tranny. And I was thinking maybe it could have a leak of some sort?

The other line to the tranny starts as rubber and goes to metal too, I have replaced the rubber but no the metal, maybe the metal could have a hole in it?

Any other ideas as to what this could be?

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I have seen modulator valves on FMX's that have had single vac lines and some with double. Have no Idea what the double line on one is for. mm

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mark, my modulator only has one outlet, and the old one on it before did too. Would there be any other place it could have another line? Anyone with a 69 notice a metal vacuum line right in the middle of the engine block near the bellhousing going under the car? Its hooked to the tree on the back of the manifold.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts