Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Sorry doing a search I see this topic has been discussed before but having a struggle. I was using the old red spot putty (like 3M) to do fine filler work, until somebody on the forum suggested you should not use it. I bought a tube of evercoat metal glaze under the suggestion of Lordco. Although it does flow nicely on spreading, I find the stuff is very painful to sand and has a a tacky finish that gums up the paper. I actually loved the red spot putty because it sands almost exactly like the high build primer. I am using either Nason or Omni for my 2k filler primer. Is there a product similar in sandability to the red stuff or what is the reason the red stuff should not be used? I find I am doing more damage with the sandpaper required to cut through everlast, than the small repairs I am trying to fix! Any insight would be appreciated. Signed,:mad: ****ing frustrated

·
Registered
913 Posts
What I have the best luck with is Icing made by USC, it is a pourable or brushable polyester finishing putty, stain free, tack free.
Icing is just one brand of polyester putty. Is says on the container exceptionally easy to sand.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts