Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone It's been awhile.
I have a friend who has a 67. Did they come from the factory or dealer op with the scoops and rear spoliers. He wants to start showing it but doesn't know how to class it. He has changed the motor from a stock 289 2v to a hi pro 289 4v. The tranny is a C4 with a shift kit. The rearend is a 9inc locking. He is also going to change the brakes to all four disk, right now they are all drum. He will be putting in power streering. I'm sure there will be more minner changes. Oh yea he moved the battery from the front to the trunk. Also he is haveing problems with his headlights opening. He belives that by changing the motor he is not getting the vacume he needs to open the lights. Could the motor change cause this and what can be done to fix this.
Thanks
Paul W. 67std

·
11,000 Posts
There were no factory scoops or spoilers on '67 Cougars. The ones for a 69-70 Eliminator can be made to fit.

I don't think any changes to the engine would affect the headlights opening, he probably has bad vacuum motors or a leak in one of the hoses or the check valve is bad.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts