Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found these seats on ebay, and though I won't be bidding on them, I thought they looked pretty cool, and might make the cockpit of my '67 a tad more comfortable (hey, the original buckets really take a toll on my 6'6" back on trips up to Reno for H.A.N.)...

The listing said they are from a '92 Mustang GT (and though I know it would really be a shame to bring down the value of my Coug with ANYTHING 'stang in it ;) ) and required some work to get them to fit the standard rails in a '67.

Anybody done anything similar? Or, as an alternate - anyone done anything similar with OTHER seats of this type?

Thanks!

·
Registered
240 Posts
yea i posted a while back about my friend that has a '67 stang, and he wanted some comfortable highback seats, so we went to my friends house who had a 80 something firebird, and the seats matched really well (well not the look, but the setup) you just had to redrill some holes for the seats to bolt in to. but since the cougar and stang have that lump that they sit on, the track goes strait off the back of it with no support, so my friends broke, so he looked at the firebird seats and they were made for a hump like the cougar/stang, so we just pulled the seats and then put em in. worked fine, loooks ok and feels great :)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
They look nice in there.

·
Registered
588 Posts
At various times I have have 88 Topaz seats, 87 Thunderbird seats, and Jeep seats in a Cougar. For the first two I used the Cougar seat tracks. I had to cut a notch at one end for the bolts to line up but that was it. The Jeep seats were welded into a converible I bought, can't recommend using them though.

·
Registered
889 Posts
My future seats

The seats I picked out for my reso-mod are out of a(sorry but they will fit)90's Jimmy or Blazer black leather buckets with power bolt right down and hook up a power source.$250.00 a pair at the local swap.We have a guy that brings a whole semi load out.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Those are the exact same seats I am putting in my 70XR7 til the originals are restored. They are out of my old 1989 5.0 LX Mustang. Very comfortable seats. They are extremely hard to die though, Still need to find a die that will take.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts