Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IM on a trim hunt and have most of the peices Its a 1969 XR7 S code.no vynil top Did it have the 390 fender badges on it was it the one with the flags? On the trunk lock did it have a Flip cover on it? or was it plain.It already has the XR7 on the gas door.I have every thing else thanks Dan

·
Registered
669 Posts
If memory serves me right, the trunk lock does not have a flip lid on it.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Dan,
I have a 69 std. 390. It should have 390 fender badges. The ones I have that are from the car have part number C8OB-18237-D and C7OB-18237-B you may find some with only the C7OB part number on them. Only deferance that I can see looking at both is the C7OB only has bigger diamiator mounting pins. These are not easy to find. I have never sean XR7 on the gas door and would like to see pics. And your trunk lock should not have a flip up cover over the lock. That is a 67/68 thing. I had a 69 once that had one but the trunk lid had been replaced. Earlyer trunk lids will fit on 69 & 70s. I'll post a pic of the 390 badge in my pictures folder so you can get a look at it. Neal.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
expensive yes

There were some guys at the columbus show that did have some. thanks for the part numbers.the nos were 150 a pair, used were around 100 can you believe it ! I think these will be the last thing I buy front end parts come first. Dan

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Yes Dan I belive it!! I was also looking for emblems and trim there and I belive that some of the people asking those crazy prices must have been on crack!!! Door handles for$600, wheel well moldings for $800!!! No thanks for me. mm

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
auto kafters

they have some 390"s but I cant get a picture of them.They want around 35 a peice. Im not blowin 70 bucks if I cant get a picture o them Dan

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
door handles and 390 emblems

Catz I have both rechromed complete outter handles $65 each and also have the 390 fender badges used. Also have 351 and 289 may have 302 not likely.I think mine are C7O w/o looking and I have a few sets in varying conditions. e me direct if ya like for pic and price,Catzyalater btw NOS wheels trims are fetching up to $1000 set of four now. Convert that to Canadian and pay shipping and I gotta go get another paper route,MAN!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Ray,
What kind of paint should I use on my 69 390 badges? The crome is alright on them just no color to speak of left on them. Neal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts