Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i pulled off the package tray and saw these holes under there. they look about the same size as the ones that are in my doors. the oddball 8 x 3 or whatever it is. the question is, was a set of rear speakers an option back then?? or was this Fords way of allowing the hip young kids put some killer quadraphonic sound in their rides back in the day so that they can bump some Iron Butterfly on the 8 track?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
They were an option for the 2 oval holes ( 6x9's ) and the center was a rear defroster, another option.

Rick

·
Registered
669 Posts
I put some 6x9's in mine years ago. Works great!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmmm, by chance would the pigtails be in place on the wiring harness already for the speakers?? if so i just might put some there..... mine is only a standard coupe, but still...

·
Registered
669 Posts
Mine were not there, but then, the wiring in my car was butchered by a useless POS previous owner who didn't know his a** from his elbow......Guess you get idea on how i feel about that. Anyhow, no I don't think the pigtail is there. Just run the wires behind the left rear trim next to the rear seat and under the driver sill plate and up to the dash and you're good to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts