Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wonderiong if there were any Cougar Clubs in the Southern Wisconsin and Northern Illinois regions. If there isn't and there are enough people interested in creating one, I would be more than happy to join teams and make one. Please let me know if there is already a club in this regoin, or just let me know if you are interested in joining or creating one.... I need to know how many people live in my area in order to do so. Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not much in this neck of the woods. CCOA lists an Illinois Cougar Club. The contact information is: Scott Dyke [email protected] 1700 Kelly Ave., Crest Hill, IL 60435-2314, (815) 726-7905 (after 6 p.m.) Scott has put together a show every couple of years. I think the last one was in 1998. Two years ago the CCOA Eastern Nationals were held in Lincolnshire, IL. I do not remember the guys who put that together, but they were from this area. There is also the CCOA Region 2 North (IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, NE, WI) Director: Brian Toltzmann [email protected] 821 S. 24th St., Manitowac, WI 54220-4415, (920) 683-0284. I have met a number of Cougar drivers over the years and have several email addresses. I would welcome the chance toget together with Classic Cougar owners any time.
Mike

·
Registered
18 Posts
Illinois Wisconsin Club ????

I would love to find a club in Il or southern Wis. I live in Northern Il. and have been looking for other Cougar owners to hook up with. Anyone who wants to get together and show off cars or talk Cougars drop me a line. Kerry

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I am not sure if Brian Toltzman is still a ccoa director is he? He no longer owns a Cougar. I bought my Cougar from him and he replaced it with a Mach 1. Also I know he changed his regular E-Mail address but he probably still uses the hotmail also.

I am also from "Chicagoland" ( NW IN) so if somethings going on sometime let me know. I like to get out for rides when time allows, but sometimes time is short in the summer. mm

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please email me if you guys do have a cougar meet. I am part of the New Edge Cougar Owners club and would love to get together w/the classic cougars!

There is an IL chapter of NECO (www.newcougar.org ): www.ilneco.org

My email address is [email protected]

I have been emailing a guy that I thought was in charge of the IL section.. but has NEVER responded back to me.

Tons of smiles,
Heather

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think there might be one in Madison WI., but I will do some checking. I live right on the WI / IL border so if anyone finds anything let me know also.

Thanks,
Gio

·
Registered
11 Posts
No IL SO WI Cougar Club?

Ok so did any of you start a club since there apparently wasn't one already? If so please let me know if there is one, if not lets start one.....and not just talk about it.
Interested contact me

·
Registered
12 Posts
Count me in...

I too would be happy to participate in a Cougar club in northern Illinois. When I spoke with the CCOA contact Scott Dyke, he stated that there hadn't been much interest. This was 5 years ago. Hopefully things have changed, and it sounds as if there is more Cougs around here.

Larryp
1969 XR7 Rag 428cj 4sp

·
Registered
8 Posts
north Ill so Wis. club

I am interested in a cat club in Northern Illinois. I live in the Western suburbs of Chi town and I am still looking to meet fellow Cougar owners.

Chris
1976 Cougar XR7

·
Registered
51 Posts
Id be interested I live on the south side of Chicago near Oak Lawn.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Im not sure if this thread is dead or not, but I would be interested as well.
Im in the Far NW Burbs.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I would also be interested in seeing something started. We did have a club in Wisconsin many years ago.
Randy Feuillerat
Beloit WI

·
Registered
135 Posts
I too would be happy to participate in a Cougar club in northern Illinois. When I spoke with the CCOA contact Scott Dyke, he stated that there hadn't been much interest. This was 5 years ago. Hopefully things have changed, and it sounds as if there is more Cougs around here.

Larryp
1969 XR7 Rag 428cj 4sp
Hey Larryp.....I am interested in talking to you about your Cougar and its history. Send me a PM....thanks

·
Registered
418 Posts
Since this is takeing awhile it seems that thoes interested (myself included) should start trying to get a few meets at a local show and see where we can go from there.

On Aug 18th theres a Cruse night/benifit in Woodstock that Im planning on attending (5:30 - 8ish I think)
If you see a White SS with temp plates on it thats not quite completely show ready (its a running work in progress) stop by and say hi.

If for some reason (mostly work) I cant be there I will let ya know.

See ya there!

Bricklyn (Chris)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Just thought Id bump this back up with so many Cougars in the Chicagoland area now.

Is anyone still interested?
If so send me a email and lets see if we cant get at least a informal get together somewhere and talk it over.

[email protected]

·
Registered
249 Posts
I wouldnt mind getting together with some Wisconsin or Ill. cougar owners also. :what:

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Ok so did any of you start a club since there apparently wasn't one already? If so please let me know if there is one, if not lets start one.....and not just talk about it.
Interested contact me
DUDE WE ARE NEIGHBORS!

in all seroiusness i would love to have a club up here thats not midwest ford club,

1 - 20 of 30 Posts