·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what happened to
FRANK Lincoln Mercury in National City
or
PETO MOTORS in Escondido?

Neither one is listed in the Southern California yellow pages anymore. My 67 was ordered and shipped to Frank, but sold as what I assume a dealer trade by Peto.

???:1zhelp: :1zhelp:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interestingly so, but there is a FRANK TOYOTA on the same street. For some interesting history about National City and the MILE OF CARS follow the link below. It seems that somewhere around 1955 GLENN L-M became FRANK L-M and FRANK was in business into the seventies, but cant find much beyond that.

http://mileofcars.com/history.htm

·
Registered
794 Posts
what street was the Escondido dealer on? The current Ford dealer is Heller Ford on auto parkway. The Lincoln/Merc dealer is San Diego Auto Collection ( I think ?) on Escondido Blvd.

I used to live there (30mi south of where I am at now)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At the time my car was sold it was sold by Eric S. Peto of "Peto Motors Escondido Inc." 8/28/67
Located at 328 South Escondido Blvd / Escondido, Ca

The window sticker says the car was shipped to:
Frank Lincoln-Mercury
Located at 1220 National Ave
National City

I'm assuming that this may have been a dealer swap car since the selling dealer and invoice dealer are different but the car was sold as a NEW car.

I have seen where Frank Lincoln-Mercury-Hyundai was in business fairly recently but the phone book now only lists the Hyundai store at that location.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts