Mercury Cougar Owners banner

South Dakota

11K views 25 replies 6 participants last post by  RonD 
#1 ·
wondered if there was any South Dakota Cougars

#4 ·
One more if anyone takes a look again. Believe I seen your cat at the Ford show a couple years ago at the dealership. Located near Yankton here.

Ron

#5 ·
Hey Ron! Nice to meet you! :wave:

Or did I get a chance to talk to you at the Ford show? I've always wanted to hit the show in Yankton; that's Riverboat Days right? I always end up missing it as I never find out in time when it takes place.

#6 ·
Hey Jeff

Been out of the area working, hopefull the snow will be gone when I get home and get back in the shop and finish things up so I can get her on the road and get that engine broken in.

#8 ·
Awesome! You all should bring your cats to the Sioux Falls Ford show this summer! It would be great to get some more Cougars represented in our class. Besides, this is one of the only shows in the area that I know that has a Cougar class! Unfortunately, I don't know yet when that will be....

#11 ·
No too far I hope?

You are all very welcome to come down & visit us in the Mike High City. We plan on 2 Cougar only show/picnic events this year, and we would love to have visitors! I have May 8th as the first (rain date the 22nd May) and the second TBA. We are also planning a cruise to Ft Collins this summer too. Maybe we can meet up?

Thanks, Bill

#12 ·
Denver is quite a road trip, about 10 hours or so for me. I remember road-tripping there for the 40th anniversary show and that was a GREAT TIME! I wish I could have stayed a week but I digress. I would love to come out again someday but I have to plan way in advance for a trip that far. I can't commit to coming but I will keep the dates in mind. Thanks for the invite!

#13 ·
Any time!

Just let us know, and I'll clear a spot for your cat!

#14 ·
Jeff

Seen ya today at the corner of 41st and Louise. My wife thought you were crazy for wanting to take your car out in that traffic, lol.

Neil

You haven't gotten yours done yet?

#15 ·
The weather was just too nice to leave my cat in the garage. My mom thinks I am nuts to ever drive her in Sioux Falls! :spit:

I bought my Cougar to drive and I hope to cruise with her more this year. I've got a small acceleration problem that I need to take care of though. When I start out from a dead stop (or even driving at low RPMs), if I accelerate a little hard, she hesitates/sputters to the point she almost stalls out. I think I might have a problem in the carb but I haven't had time to look at it yet.

It's getting almost nice enough that I think people will start cruising over to Zakota Grill on Minnesota Ave (near the new HyVee) on Saturday nights.

#16 ·
I'll keep that in mind. I live an hour and half out, workin out some interior items.. I'm finishing out the heater blower, vents, tubes, making sure I have defrost at very least. I ran into a ps leak while gettin ready to put the engine hood back on. I also need to do something for a little audio. been thinkin about, adding the upgrade dash speak, the two in the back deck and adding one of the custom sounds, am/fm plug in for mp3 type. And then finally the head liner which means I'll prbly have them do the rear seal and probly the front while they are at it!!! So maybe, mid May an actuall every day car.

#18 ·
Sioux Falls Ford Show June 13th Confirmed

I was cruising today and I ran into a couple guys from the Sioux Falls Ford Car Club. Their show is definitely on Sunday, June 13th. All Cougar owners (and Ford) are welcome!

It sound like the Sioux Falls Automania has moved from its usual day of Wednesday (which I never liked) to a whole weekend ordeal. For those out of town, you might want to make a weekend trip: hit Automania on Friday/Saturday and then the Sioux Falls Ford show on Sunday. Details on automania can be found here: http://www.automaniasiouxfalls.com/

#19 ·
Yea, I had a friend call and ask if I want to drive over with him and others, but I unfortunately had another commitment on Sunday. Did they end up having the show with the way the weather was?

#20 ·
Yep, they had the show but the weather really impacted the turnout. I think there were around 50-60 cars. There was a gentleman who showed up with a 1970 Standard Cougar for sale. I told him about this website and he should post the car here as I think he would find a buyer.

Next Sunday is the show in Dell Rapids (part of their quarry days celebration). I really enjoy that show as it is down in the park but I probably won't be able it.

#23 ·
That sounds right for Riverboat days. It's a pretty small show, they have it within the fences of the baseball field down there.

Neil

Did you have yours out today? My bro-in-law said he saw a tan 67 or 68 headed south out of SF towards Canton?

#25 ·
That sounds right for Riverboat days. It's a pretty small show, they have it within the fences of the baseball field down there.

Neil

Did you have yours out today? My bro-in-law said he saw a tan 67 or 68 headed south out of SF towards Canton?
Yep, I did take it to Canton Sunday. First I have had it on the road in 4 years. Still waiting for my seats, so I bolted in the old front buckets and took it on a trip. I should wash it. It is gold, not tan. :sun:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.