Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the sound deadener sprayed on before or after primer? Should I try and find factory cosmoline or use something else?

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
After primer. Can't speak to the rest but I used 3m Body Shutz, great stuff but not cheap.

BTW, because your car is in the nice shape it is, you do not qualify as an ECI. But, you think like an ECI, so bravo!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well maybe my next car :) will not be in such condition! this one I want to go as concourse as i can, not really a hot rod even though I am sure it will have all I want under the hood. My first and original had a 289 so I am thinking this 390 will be great! If and when I get another it just might be a dark red GT that I can modify to not only look bad but sound and operate that way too. One that I won't have to baby so much. Maybe the amount of money I will be dishing out on this car would qualify me for an ECI?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
after you make that first modification---all the rest come REALLY easy---i really like driving the cars and things like better brakes , tires , handling , electronics and even cabin insulation help me to enjoy our cat--but each to his own
doctordesoto

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Nothing 3M makes is cheap, but they are hard to beat from almost everything from sand paper to seam sealers, finnishing products, etc. I think they are the standard to which others strive for IMHO. Plus you can get them easily at most jobbers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts