Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Here in Florida I can get a custom plate. They don't have a Cougar but they have a panther (I attached a pic, looks close enough to a Cougar for me) Anyway, my wife wants to get some personalized tags. Any ideas?? Sorry to be a pest with the posts. When I had my Chevelle most of the Chevy guys didn't chat much. Seems most of them couldn't rear or write lol

Attachments

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
how about this?? granted its cheap... but hey, itll work :) oh yeah, no pests here. asking is the only way to learn. maybe thats the problem with the Chevys

Attachments

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
How about 7T1 on left side of the picture and CAT or CGR on the right? Or HOT on the left and CAT or 7T1 on right?
ragcat

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Plates

I lived in Florida most of my life (FT. Lauderdale). They have cool looking plates. I had the Challenger plate. I used to like to drag people. Good thing I never got caught! They don't have much choices here in North Carolina for plates.:(

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Plates

Thanks for all the ideas guys and gals. My wife is swinging towards the Cgrrrrrr. The car has the original Brite Yellow paint so she was also thinking about PUTY TAT. Get it?? You know...tweety bird. Aww forget it. Thanks again for the ideas. I checked with the DMV today and they were all available. I'll just flip a coin.

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
My AlphaCat wore 'COUGRR'. That is a story in itself

*Warning -- old man rambling ahead* ;)

Waaaaay back in 1983, I had just gotten done doing the bodywork and paint on AlphaCat and wanted to set it off with a vanity tag. Here in Ohio you were limited to six characters at the time. My first choice was COUGRR. Well, it was available and they were going to reserve it for me the next year. I didn't want it the next year, I wanted it now for the car shows coming up this year! I wrote back (this is ong before internet and e-mails!) and they replaced my current registration with the new one for COUGRR...

OK, fine. I had my plate. Then the next spring I tore AlphaCat apart to 'detail the engine compartment and underside' and it has been that way ever since. Since I didn't want to lose my special plate, I kept on renewing them every year, even though the car was still in pieces. $65/year for 13 years and never used on the car.

Then in 1997 they announced that all cars under 25 years old would have to have an inspection before plates could be issued. That meant that since AlphaCat was only 24 it would have to be inspected. Yeah, right. My car is in a thousand pieces all over two garages. After spending a small fortune to keep my plate for all those years, I had to let the registration expire. Someone else snapped it up. It is somewhere on the east side of Cleveland but I've never seen it. It figures! :mad:

The only good thing is that now we can go with seven characters so that will open things up a bit more if I ever get AlphaCat back on the road. COUGRRR is still available! :p:

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
how about

how about MIC ETR that would be apropo for a darkside convert dont you think?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts