Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys sorry I haven't introduced myself yet. I joined about a month or so ago and have been busy with work and the car but here it goes...

When I was 18 I bought my first Cougar, Halle Berry, a 1976 black XR7 with a 400 and C6, Drove her all over Texas and all 4 years I went to school commuting 25 miles each way. Sadly I could not afford her any more at super prices and the commute on a student income. So when I finally had the means I decided to reinvest in the same car i fell in love. However when I saw a local 68 standard model I jumped on it, and it has been a love hate relationship ever since.

I am currently in the process of a mild restoration, the check list so far that is done

Engine redress
new headers
electronic fuel pump
modern style relays and fuse box
redyed interior
new seat covers
new steering wheel
new carpet and insulation
new shocks front and rear springs
manual 3 speed sway in place of the C4
hydraulic clutch conversion

what needs to be done is a roof swap since mine has the vinyl top of death. Lucky I found a rusted out 68 XR7 with a great body and no floor boards or drive train.

I do have a question for those who can answer, I am in the middle of re attaching my wiring harness and there is a red wire that is attached to the wiper motor bracket, a ground I think, and I do not know where this goes any clues?

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Welcome to the insanity!!!! How about posting pics of the car. If you haven't already, post the VIN and the info on the data tag on the drivers door so it can be registered with the Cougar National Data Base. John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts