1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Wow, and I thought I had seen at least one of everything on a cougar. I didn't know they had those..

·
Registered
304 Posts
Wow, and I thought I had seen at least one of everything on a cougar. I didn't know they had those..
Me either. Do they break often? Same part for tilt or fixed? Where is it located in the column? Because now that you got me wondering it probably will break soon and will not be able to find one. That's the kind of luck i have.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Can't see feebay from work but guessing you mean that paper thin, plastic, piece of crap thing? Musclecarresearch is making the foam inserts (that most of never knew even went in there!). One for the outer to inner sleeve and one for the inner sleeve to steering shaft. I bought 'em, put 'em in my column rebuild and then found the inner one in a wad on the garage floor one day after it was apparantly grabbed the steering shaft, wadded up and fell out. Oh well, I tried!

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Original plastic piece in my Cougar was melted. I cut a piece pf PVC pipe to act as a bushing and used a tie rod end boot as a seal after enlarging the center hole.

A while back there was a $helby parts supplier who was selling these parts, but his website has gone away.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Oh, that piece. Those should be easy to find as they don't usually break like the piece I was describing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts