Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
although I would add early '70's also...

http://comcast.vehix.com/articles/fun--entertainment/holiday-wish-list-5-vehicles-we-wish-theyd-bring-back?cid=801

"Add More MuscleListen, we love the Mustang, Camaro and Challenger, but as I’m sure Jose Canseco would tell you, there’s always room for more muscle, right? So, what’s one more pony car added to the mix? A Mercury Cougar under the tree would be wonderful, and sequential taillights are a must. The Cougar was a short-lived classic pony car until Mercury went upscale and tried to dress muscle in a three-piece suit. It worked for Schwarzenegger, but not for the Cougar. Look, if you promise to bring back the Cougar of the late 1960s, we’ll pretend the 1980-1982 and 1999-2002 Cougars never happened. We swear!"

Thanks
Chuck

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Very cool Chuck, thanks for posting it!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Very cool. I wish they would have straightened that grill before they took the picture though.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Bring back the Aztex? They must be nuts ! And They are putting our beloved Cougars in the same box as the ugliest car(Aztex) ever built !

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bring back the Aztex? They must be nuts ! And They are putting our beloved Cougars in the same box as the ugliest car(Aztex) ever built !
LOL!! I must admit that I viewed that from work and when I posted, all that had loaded on the work computer and all I had seen, was the paragraph before mentioning the Cougar and the paragraph about the Cougar. Didn't even see the pic of the 'Thing' or the Cougar or even pages 2-5.... At least they did mention the Cougar 1st!! :cool:
Thanks
Chuck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts