Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, while I was in Africa, getting ready to leave Idaho, I decided on a few things that just have to get done before I leave, and I wanted them done by the end of this year. A new roof on my 69, as it had a vinyl top that failed, and a disc brake/aluminum head update on my 68. I've been tripping over some of these parts now for 5 years, and it is just time to finish up, so I can move away. So, here are a couple of shots of the new brake parts, and the roof being replaced.
The interior shot of the roof looks like a kids that had a shaving accident! The disc brakes will be a nice safety upgrade, as for some reason the RF drum wanted to pull really really hard under firm braking..I tend to focus more on what I haven't got done yet, and get anxious about the future, I should focus more on what I have gotten done, and the progress being made. I'm only short two engine builds and a transmission swap for the year!

Africa 929.jpg fo sale 300.jpg fo sale 183.jpg fo sale 315.jpg fo sale 197.jpg

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Well, I took the car around the block tonight, and am not impressed. The new "A" arms that I bought were not the same length, and so I had to do some clearancing on the passenger side. It made a horrible noise as it hit the balance weight! Removed the weight, ground down the arm, and now the passenger side seems to be better, but the drivers side is making a noise now, and so I will have to go and pull it back apart to see what it is hitting. I'm surprised at the noises I am getting, everything fit fine before the "improvements"!
GRRRRRR! Stupid Cougar........

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it's all stock stuff. I pieced together a 68 stock disc brake assembly.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, the 68 is five years in the making, the other cars have been waiting longer. Stupid poverty....

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:realmad::angryfi::newburn:See the newly posted NOT HAPPY thread... GGGRRRRRR!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts