Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my 69 xr7 in 01/22/07 do to unseen Divorce . and as time has gone on I was able to by my 69 back.
on 08/11/12 I bought my car back from the person I sold it to in NH. He only put 800 miles on the car in 5.5 years.
I have put a lot of maintance into her, to get it road ready, fluids changed, complete tune-up , front calipers,lines,pads, carb, filter and more . but so worth it.

Does anyone else have a story like mine. where you had to sell your car. and then over the years things happened and you could buy it back ?

SO great to be back in the Cougar life style

George

·
Registered
627 Posts
I'm glad you got your Cougar back, and its a good thing you did, 500 miles in almost 6 yrs is pathetic. I have a friend who owned a 70 Olds 442 and in 8 yrs he only drove it 300 miles. He'd start it once a month and let it run til it got to operating temp. Well when I finally convinced him to take it to a car show with me one day he had to replace the whole exhaust system because it had rotted out. Then this past March he lost the car along with 2 others in a tornado. Thats why I drive mine every chance I get, in fact me and the wife are going on a 1200 mile trip this weekend. Always driven never parked.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Hey george,

glad to see you back and the lime green 69 is back in your possesion. You did alot of work to that car and its great to see your car is back and where it belongs. Are you still in providence? I`m headed up there in 2 weeks for a wedding(MINE)..

thanks
pat

·
Registered
784 Posts
The story of my car is is in the link in my signature :)

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
George,

have any pics of the car??

thanks
pat

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
George, welcome back! I'm glad to see the Cougar back in your hands, knowing how hard it was to sell at the time. If you get the chance, consider joining us at Craig Keith's place in West Brookfield on 9/9 for our late summer BBQ. We'll probably do a run up toward the Quabbin.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks Bill
as you know , it was a bad time and a hard sell. Karma. the guy I sold the car to , only put 800 miles on the car in 5.5 years.
George

1 - 10 of 10 Posts