Mercury Cougar Owners banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Car was blowing warm air if I turned it all the way up or if I turned left for some reason I don’t know anything about air conditioning so after watching a YouTube video about having too much gas I pushed the valve on the low port side to clear out some r134a And that wasn’t working very fast so I push the other side. The high side I guess and that released I think all of the gas. Started blowing warm all the time so then I added regular 134A with no leak stuff and now it seems to be working pretty good. did I fix it or am I gonna have problems still? System sounded empty but I didn’t want to run it without any gas. Like I said I don’t know about air conditioning. Please help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's not an ego issue. What you are recommending won't work. If the high side is open it is not being evauated. This will leave a significant amount of air in the system. This will also make it impossible to fill the system with a full charge of freon, and the remaining air and moisture will contaminate the dryer and cause icing, compressor damage and reduced flow. Temperature and pressure differential will be significantly reduced and the cooling will be less than acceptable.

Other than that it is just fine :uhoh:
He’s right. You can let the system discharge liquid into a vacuumed bottle lol. You can recover half the system this way. I’ve used my own car to evacuate another. Research the push pull evacuation method. Educate yourself it’s good for ya.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts