·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
No sir.
It's my experience that the traction-lok assembly requires an altogether different carrier. Needs more internal room for all that extra stuff.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Andy is correct.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGHGHGHGHG!!!!!
Bummer. OK.

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm just still trying to find a chaeper way around the almost 500 bucks for a detroit locker type diff. I just need to man up and whip out the check book...

·
Registered
913 Posts
If you are going to drive mostly on the street, I would use the posi. instead Detroit locker as dfwcatsclub posted. Both of the vendors listed are good people.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Looks interesting, but can it withstand a decent amount of horsepower?
(I am looking at Detroit True Trac eventually)

·
Registered
5,279 Posts

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Go for a Detroit True Trac, no noice, no clutches to wear out, and no special oil needed

·
Registered
11,950 Posts

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
If you are going to drive mostly on the street, I would use the posi. instead Detroit locker as dfwcatsclub posted. Both of the vendors listed are good people.
Regarding the lock-right stuff, I installed one in my Jeep 4 years ago and it is still working and it does what it is supposed to do. That being said, I do not like the twitching that is does on a regular basis as sometimes it loads one side and sometimes the other. Most times I get a torque push when accelerating and then backing off the gas. There are times when it unloads or unlocks and I get a bang that makes me think I broke an axle! I would never run one in my street car. A well maintained limited slip will do as well, be much nicer behaved, and cost about only a slight bit more for a new one than that twitchy lock-right stuff. And the limited slip is so easy to rebuild I would not worry about wearing clutches. They do not wear out too quickly anyway.

I meant this as a reply to woodsnake's question on this stuff:

"Does anyone have any direct experience with these? It seems like a very reasonable option.

http://www.ringpinion.com/ProductDet...px?ProdID=1324 "

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Art, yes I did get a deal on one, but I have 4 cars that I'm working on..
If I were stateside, I'd buy the one with the 4.11 gears, but this time I'm going to let that one pass.
If the clutches don't wear out that often, then I don't really have to worry about it. It's just that for years I had thought that the detroit was the manlier version, and I wanted the manlier version..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts