Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hm,

Well, I guess it was bound to happen. I like when things happen as you're parking in front of your own house though.. Was parking along the curb and then POOOOOF Smoke from EVERYwhere around the hood. Shut it down fast and jumped out, hoping it wasn't electrical smoke and having to yank the battery. I got "lucky?" . . . it was the pressure hose on the P/S. Seems it was trying to get a tan and leaned too close to the manifold... poof... straight to the manifold. Crazy how much smoke and how fast. Glad the car wasn't like 200 degrees. That coulda flashed nicely... or, rather, not so nicely.

Anyway, local auto store had one for $23 I'll put it on tomorrow. for now, I'll just rename the cougar to the Valdez...

RB

·
Registered
794 Posts
Oh man! that sucks arse. At least you wernt manking a U trun when the hose melted. You would have had a big gusher on the manifold.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Better the driveway tha on the 5 doing about 70 or so:eek2:

Don

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just went through that when I changed to K-code manifolds.Got a 66 Stang bracket to rout under the car which I modified for the 68. Custom made hydraulic hose ran $35. Piece of mind - priceless.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Sounds familiar but I'm not as lucky as you. Murphy's law!!! Picture this, you are pulling into your spot at thr parade lineup and surrounded by a bunch of other nice cars and people with there red, white, and blue clothes and poof!!!! That what happened to me last year at the 4th of july parade. I wrapped it up with duct tape to keep the oil from spraying directly on my headers and went thru the parade with no ps.
John
wvcat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts