Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the time has come to actually perform some much needed maintenance on the site, including a DNS change I've been putting off for too long.

What does this mean? At some point during the next 24-48 hours, the site will come down, you'll start seeing a "Site Maintenance" message on the front page. Unfortunately, I can't give you a specific time as all DNS servers update at different times.

The site may be down up to 24 hours once it actually does come down. There's over 500mb of content on this site and it takes a wee bit of time to move it around.

For those who care to know, we're moving to a server with better/higher capacity.

No one need worry, as there's many a backup tape for the site and nothing will be lost in the transition.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
:cry: A whole 24 hours, what are we going to do instead.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
"Go work on your car!! "

Can't.......don't want to mess with perfection:D

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Some of our cars are 2500 miles away across the Pacific Ocean, and our only hope is to talk about Cougars! :) Just kidding, Logan thanks for your hard work on this site, it is awesome!

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
"Logan thanks for your hard work on this site, it is awesome!"

Ditto, best forum on the web, and yes....I have been to quite a few. None of them seem to work as well as this one, easy to get from place to place, instant info on the Home page, photo gallery is great, its a cool hassle free site.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
New server!

You give some guys a little extra money, and they just can't leave things well enough alone!:D
Good to see you can now do some of the things you've been wanting to do with the site.
KUDO'S

Shane:1poke: :bandit: :evil: :pimp: :sun: :ylsup: :xoli:

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
That was quick, I logged on at about 7pm (+-5.1/2hours ago) and the site was down. Well done.
I can finally see all the pictures in the gallery, instead of little blocks with X's in them, great, thanks Logan.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
the site was down??? wow. work does make time go by lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts