Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think about a web site about modification? Ie vehicle customizing(5.0 conversion,aod,8.8 rear ends), engine dyno spec,front end for 67-70 cougars.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think it would be cool. I can think of a ton of articles such as five speeds into early cougars, fuel injection. Nitrous installs for idiots(I had myself in mind there). Let me know when it starts.
thanks
mercury68
I think this cougar forum is cool!!!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Just ask your questions, and look through the old threads... some of the people on this forums HAVE done these mods already, or know of people who have, or have the expertise to try them!

I've been looking at the Cougar IRS installation (bolt-in '99 and later Cobra IRS for '67-68 Mustangs and Cougars)... if I had any storage/garage space, I would have asked for the IRS out of cougarguy's T-Bird, but I didn't know enough about the swap and I just don't have the space.... there's an ad (for the kit) in the back of M&F Nov 99 (DVS Restoration)

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Greg: Didn't M&F do an article on installing the IRS from a late model Cobra into a 68 Mustang? It may have been done to their MIB (Mustang In Black) project car. I know someone did recently. I will have to look.....
RadCat68: The "reviews" articles are supposed to show mods/upgrades/projects but we haven't been real good about submitting them. In the meantime, ask questions because if someone hasn't done it someone else knows where to get the info. :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hey Radcat,

Where do you live in Georgia? I live in Hiram just outside of Atlanta. Always looking for a fellow Cougar enthusiast and a line on extra parts/ideas.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Rktmn- Yes, M&F is using the IRS in MIB, and some of that is available on DVS's homepage (I posted above). I haven't really looked around much though; from home I have slow dialup and at work, well, I shouldn't even be taking part in this forum from work, let alone surfing... but when you're addicted you're addicted!
One of the reasons I didn't jump on Greg (cougarguy's) IRS is that I have no idea how similar/different the Cobra IRS is from the T-Bird IRS.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
greggieatthebat said:
...and at work, well, I shouldn't even be taking part in this forum from work, let alone surfing... but when you're addicted you're addicted!...
I know what you mean! :p:

I have a lead on an IRS unit from a Jag. The guy that has it builds AC Cobra kits. He's retiring and letting his parts collection go. I'm going to try for the IRS, even if I can't use it in my 69 I can bargain with it. :D

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
It just seems like an IRS would be SO nice... and those 8.8 rears seem to be at least as strong as the 8", and with recent Mustang aftermarket support they seem to be competitive with 9" units... I'd just like to be able to corner without sanding down my door handles!

(ok, so maybe I wanna pretend I'm in the WRC once in a while on the Angeles Crest highway...)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts